New Zealand – Visa

You will need a student visa if you wish to come to New Zealand to study full-time for longer than 3 months.You can only get a student visa to study in a course at an education institution, which is registered and approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority.

Your student visa will be issued for the length of time your course tuition fees have been paid. If you are studying a long-term course at secondary school, University or Polytechnic you will normally pay your tuition fees every year. The student visa must be renewed each year in New Zealand before the expiry date.

Applying for a Student Visa

When applying for Student Visa, you will also need to include:

  • Complete ‘Application for Student Visa’ Forms.
  • A recent passport-size photograph.
  • Payment of a non-refundable visa application fee.
  • An ‘Offer of Place’ from a New Zealand education school or institution which states that you have been accepted by the school, the name of the course, the minimum time to complete the course and the course fee.
  • Evidence of sufficient funds to cover the tuition fee and living and other expenses.
  • Academic certificates and Marksheets.
  • Proof of accommodation in New Zealand.